The health and wellbeing of trans and queer youth of color is central to what we do every day in the GSA movement—whether that’s organizing for justice, creating safe spaces in schools, or advocating for comprehensive sex education.
Taking care of ourselves and those around us is integral to a thriving movement and our own personal wellbeing. In the face of a global pandemic, it is now more important than ever to find time to center ourselves and build a strong community of support.
Wellness encompasses a wide variety of activities, from art to music to reflective exercises. The Queer and Trans Wellness Resources were developed specifically for queer and trans youth of color who are working to create change in their schools and communities, while balancing their physical and mental wellness.
Everyday is a good day for wellness!
Check out our Trans Wellness Zine!
- Radical Readings for the Revolution (Clickable links to PDF versions of each book)
- Transgender History by Susan Stryker
- Emergent Strategy by Adrienne Maree Brown
- Freedom is a constant struggle: Ferguson, Palestine, and The Foundations of Movement by Angela Y. Davis
- Stay Solid!: A Radical Handbook for Youth by Matt Hern
- Beyond the Gender Binary by Alok Vaid-Menon
- Unapologetic: A Black, Queer, and Feminist Mandate for Radical Movements by Charlene A. Carruthers
- Captive Genders: Trans Embodiment and the Prison Industrial Complex edited by Eric A. Stanley & Nat Smith, foreword by CeCeMcDonald
- Against Equality: Queer Revolution Not Mere Inclusion edited by Ryan Conrad
- Sister Outsider: Essays and Speeches by Audre Lorde
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander
- Coloring Book- Breaking the Norms
- Coloring Pack- Activism
- Zine-making for Beginners
- Gardening for Beginners
- Get Your Body Moving (Playlists Included)
Thought provoking activities
- Guided Meditation (meditation starts at 1:20)
- Black Women Meditation: How to Reduce Stress w/ Meditation
- 10 min Guided Meditation for Beginners
- Screaming Queens
- Paris is Burning
- Brother Outsider
- I Am Not Your Negro
Happy Queer Movies
- Boy Meets Girl
- Saving Face
- The Half of It
- Naz and Maalik