GSA Network of CA’s Youth Organizing team welcomes middle and high school GSA clubs to join our programs and connect for GSA support, training, & more.
Check out all of our programs below!
Youth Membership Meeting (California only)
This event is part of our California program and is only open to California youth. Non-California registrants will not receive meeting information.
Join us for monthly membership meetings (last Thursdays) where GSA club leaders from across California are invited to gather (virtually), learn, and receive resources to take back to their GSAs! We invite you and your club members to represent your school, participate and weigh in on statewide Trans and Queer (LGBTQ+) issues! Together we will build community and form new connections across the state to level up our Trans and Queer youth power!
We highly encourage you to register your GSA with our network before attending the meeting; register your GSA here.
Make sure to register for each meeting using the green button above! Once you register, we will email you the meeting information.
We have canceled our Membership Meeting on November 30th. Our next and last membership meeting of this semester will be on Thursday, December 7, 2023 from 5:00pm – 7:00pm PT via Zoom.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can become a member, email us at email@example.com. You can check out the full details of member criteria and benefits at our Membership Commitment Form here.
GSA Site Visit and Trainings
If you are in CA and would like an in-person or virtual site visit or training, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our GSA Trainings include:
- Tips to Run your GSA [A step-by-step of how to set up and run your GSA Club]
- Road to Liberation: Power & Privilege [Intro to intersectionality and power/privilege]
- Power to the People: Recruiting for GSAs [Develop outreach skills and a plan to gain more members]
- Tips for Facilitation [Principles and tips on facilitation ]
- Community Building in GSA [Activities to help build friendships in GSA]
- GSA Fam! Connect through Storytelling
- GSAs Organizing 4 Change [Define youth organizing and Introduce examples of LGBTQ student policies and GSA campaigns]
- Roots of Resistance: LGBTQ+ History [Review LGBTQ+ historical figures and events]
- Inclusive Sex Education Now! [Learn about the CA Healthy Youth Act and how to get inclusive sexual health education curriculum]
- Know Your Rights: LGBTQ+ Students*[review CA laws and policies impacting LGBTQ+ students]
*Requires a training session and a listening session.
Youth Organizing in California
LGBTQ+ youth of color in California are organizing for student rights in state legislation, advocating for the implementation of existing non-discrimination laws, and building their collective power. We work with organizations across the state to achieve these goals. Our current partnerships include:
- Youth Organize California (YO!Cali): Co-founded with Movement Strategy Center and Californians for Justice, Yo!Cali a coalition of 11 organizations that work collaboratively to carry out a statewide youth organizing strategy with a focus on reforming school discipline policies that push youth of color out of school and into the criminal justice system.
- Dignity in Schools Campaign California (DSC CA): DSC CA is a coalition that currently includes 16 organizations from across the state. Our goal over the next two years is to deepen grassroots community-based understanding of the historical role and future implications of school discipline, the relationship between schools and law enforcement, and the dehumanizing impact of the public education system and expand our movement’s political opportunities to dismantle the school-to-prison pipeline, repair the intergenerational harm it has caused, and craft systemic alternatives for multiple generations.
Inland Valley & Greater SoCal – 213.788.2937
LA County – 213.349.1459