GSA Network has paused our in-person youth leadership training and events this year to keep our community healthy and united. Virtual GSAs In Action is a digital space where we feature virtual youth leadership events, online group conversations, and training in digital organizing. Sign up to get weekly e-news and keep in touch.
NEW! Virtual GSAs In Action: Digital Organizing Toolkit
GSA Network is extremely proud to launch Virtual GSAs In Action: Digital Organizing Toolkit–-a new resource inspired by, and designed for, trans and queer youth activists, GSA club advisors and educators, and grassroots organizations across the country.
Trans and queer young people of color want to build community in this moment. They are searching for places that affirm their identities and experiences, uplift their spirit, and promote self and community care. The Virtual GSAs In Action Toolkit was created to support them to start a Community GSA, take their existing school-based GSA clubs online, create new clubs, and above all, build virtual spaces that can restore our community.
Trans & Queer Youth Virtual Power! Training Series
Click on the green button at the top of the page to register for trainings
Training Name: Centering Racial Justice in GSAs
Date: Thursday, February 4th, 2021
Time: 4:00 – 5:30pm (PST) / 7:00- 8:30pm (ET)
Join us for a training on how GSA clubs and other LGBTQ youth groups can practice and advocate for racial justice. As we gear up towards our annual GSA Day 4 Racial Justice (February 19th, 2021) come learn about helpful tools, activities and current issues on racial justice. This is a youth space to share experiences and learn how to better uplift and center those most impacted. Register today and join the movement of GSA youth leaders!
This meetup is for youth in ages 13-18. You do not need to be a GSA member to attend, but there will be some discussion relevant to GSAs clubs. For questions, email Marinarde at email@example.com
*This training is for youth only. If you are an advisor/adult ally looking to be trained please check our adult trainings. For advisors wishing to receive youth training link to share with your students, please email Tony firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Training Name: GSA Advisors Unite- GSA Day 4 Racial Justice
Date: Thursday, February 18th, 2021
Time: 4:00 – 5:30pm (PST) / 7:00 – 8:30pm (ET)
The monthly GSA Advisor training is to increase the capacity of GSA advisors and adult allies to continue supporting their GSA clubs or community LGBTQ+ youth groups. New topic each month!
February Topic: GSA Day 4 Racial Justice
-Learn about GSA Day 4 Racial Justice and learn strategies on how GSAs can lead their own GSA Day 4 Racial Justice discussion or events.
-Understand principal of racial justice in GSA Clubs and strategies for GSA clubs to actively practice centering the experiences of LGBTQ+ Black, Indigenous, Youth of Color.
This training is for current and aspiring GSA club advisors, or adult allies supporting a LGBTQ+ community youth space. For questions, email Tony at email@example.com
Virtual GSA Resources
Download a variety of resources we’ve developed this year to support trans and queer youth as they transition to virtual GSAs clubs and digital organizing, and check out our Queer and Trans Wellness Resource Page for a comprehensive list of activities to aid in physical and mental wellness!
- How to Host a Virtual GSA Meeting
- Let’s Talk Genders & Sexualities
- Asian Pacific Islander Movements
- Trans and Queer Migration
- Trans and Queer Music Resistance
- HIV/AIDS Awareness
- The Power of Storytelling
- Trans and Queer Wellness
- Pride & Protest: Safety Tips for LGBTQ+ Youth
Past 2020 Events
- Advisors Unite! (9/26, 10/17, 11/12, 12/10)
- Building Community with your GSA (12/3)
- Centering Racial and Gender Justice in GSAs (11/19)
- Power and Wellness Grounding – Post Election (11/5)
- Out of the Closets and Into the Streets: Non-violent Civil Action and Safety Training for GSAs & Youth (10/29)
- GSAs Organizing for Change (10/22)
- Youth Building Community for the Future (10/8)
- Leading GSAs & Owning It! (9/24)
- Virtual GSAs 101 (9/10)
- Virtual Pride Celebration (6/26 and 6/27)
- Final Meetup of the School Year (6/4)
- LGBTQ+ Immigrant Justice (5/28)
- Trans & Queer Music Resistance (5/21)
- Uplifting Asian Pacific Islander Movements (5/14)
- Trans & Queer Youth Wellness (5/7)
- The Story of the GSA Movement (4/30)
- Storytelling & Day of Silence (4/23)
- Climate Justice (4/16)
- HIV/AIDS Youth Awareness (4/9)
- Let’s Talk Gender & Sexuality (4/2)