Thank you for showing interest in joining our CA membership! We value your leadership and we are glad you have decided to join GSA Network of California. During a one-to-one with your regional organizer, you will review this document to confirm your understanding of the criteria and benefits of membership, membership values and finally, discuss your motivations for joining membership. By confirming, you agree and commit to becoming a member and/or member leader of GSA Network of CA. We are excited for you to join us in this collective fight for trans and queer, racial and gender justice!
Criteria and Benefits of Membership
To become an official member or member leader, you must meet the following criteria:
|Member Criteria (including all participant criteria)||Member Benefits|
|Your GSA/LGBTQ+ club is registered with GSA Network||
|Sign membership commitment form which means you agree with organization’s mission and values to advance trans and queer, racial and gender justice|
|Attend a minimum of 4 California membership meetings (11 total) throughout the school year:
|Participate in a minimum of 2 one-on-ones per semester with your regional organizer (4 per school year)|
|Support in planning and/or attend in at least one of the following:
|Member Leader Criteria (including all of the above)||Member Leader Benefits|
|Path 1: Facilitation responsibilities|
|Lead a training/workshop for statewide membership meetings, GSA Network regional conferences or coalitional spaces||
|Recruit one other peer into membership by spring semester and hold a one-on-one with that person|
|Path 2: This member leader criteria option is for those that are selected into the Statewide or a Regional Campaign Committee|
|Commit and follow through with your campaign committee responsibilities as agreed upon in your program description. Including but not limited to:
Values of Membership
As members we agree with the org’s mission statement and commit to practicing values set forth by membership.
GSA Network is a next-generation LGBTQ racial and gender justice organization that empowers and trains queer, trans and allied youth leaders to advocate, organize, and mobilize an intersectional movement for safer schools and healthier communities.
CA Youth Membership Values: (the following values were created by members and staff in Spring 2023)
- Support: CA Youth Membership believes in providing youth with a space to feel connected, where they can find resources and share knowledge to advocate for their rights.
- Trust: CA Youth Membership believes in sharing space, telling our stories, and building relationships rooted in care among our members.
- Honesty: CA Youth Membership believes in the value of sharing individual perspectives and truths to cultivate spaces where youth can show up authentically.
- Empathy: CA Youth Membership believes in honoring everyone’s whole selves by respecting each other’s thoughts, feelings, and voices.
- Joy: CA Youth Membership believes that creativity, humor, and having fun are key components in building relationships and nourishing our power in the fight for our rights.