GSA Day for Gender Justice (#GSADay4GJ) is a national day of action for GSA clubs, LGBTQ+ youth, and allies to center trans, nonbinary, and gender-diverse people and mobilize for their liberation.
This year, our TQ2S+ Youth Council will lead #GSADay4GJ through creative storytelling and media projects.
#GSADay4GJ is on Friday, November 17, 2023!
This year, TRUTH is calling on GSAs to mobilize around the fifth point of the platform:
We call for Decolonization and Reparations for all Indigenous and Black Peoples
We call for the payment of reparations that are owed and the reclamation of cultural practices by the communities from which they originated. We call for the active and complacent perpetrators of cultural appropriation and colonization to be held accountable and to recognize the privilege they maintain through the oppression of others.
In 2018, The National Trans Youth Council (TRUTH) wrote and published their Nine-Point Platform for Liberation to define their revolution and achieve liberation. The manifesto is not a static document but a living one, so it may be updated and changed to reflect the council’s increasing understanding of the systems of oppression and the changes in the language we use to describe both ourselves and these systems. Since its creation, the platform has been used for each year for GSA Day 4 Gender Justice.
Calls to Action!
1. Connect with us on Social Media
Tune in later for additional calls to action, and check back on TRUTH’s page for direct updates!
- 2022: We Call for an End of the Cisgender Heterosexual Patriarchy
- 2021: We Call for an End to Disposability Politics and a Commitment to Transformative Justice!
- 2020: We Call for the Abolition of the Police, ICE, Borders and the Judicial System
- 2019: We call for the right to self-determination
- 2018: Nine-Point Platform launch
- 2017: What does Gender Justice mean to you?
- 2016 (the first-ever!): #mytransbodyis