The Northern California GSA Youth Council is one of three regional councils in California and is a year-long leadership program that requires regular attendance and commitment.
Youth Council members:
- Build a network of support, lifelong friendships (or as we call it siblinghood)
- Have fun exploring our identities and connecting to our culture
- Learn leadership skills and strategies to start or strengthen your GSA and/or GSAs in your area
- Have the opportunity to learn facilitation, training and organizing skills to lead workshops, events, and campaigns with other trans and queer youth.
- Learn how to tell your story and use your voice to stand up for yourself and others
- Receive monthly one-on-one check-ins to help you reach your leadership goals
- Have access to additional leadership development opportunities and ongoing programs.
- Are ambassadors of GSA Network and in the trans and queer youth movement!
- Meetings happen once a month, generally on a Saturday in Downtown Oakland.
- We require regular attendance and commitment. We offer transportation reimbursements for members needing financial assistance.
- Lunch and snacks provided for all members